Grief & Loss Writing To Heal
MONDAY, maY 07, 2018
MONDAY, JUNE 04, 2018
$30.00 PER PERSON, PER WORKSHOP
LOCATION: THE VANCOUVER WOMEN'S LIBRARY
(VWL members receive a discount)
We each grieve in our own unique way and reflecting on the memory of your loss is an intensely personal experience. In order to heal, you need to feel and writing through grief is a valuable tool that is available to you 24 hours a day.
Writing through grief offers you the opportunity to :
- reflect on the meaning and significance of the loss in your life as it applies to your inner self.
- write your feelings down as a map of your journey towards healing.
- separate and sort through all the confusion and conflicting emotions that surface after a loss.
- let off steam, release, tension and express creative urges in a safe and harmless way.
- clarify what you are thinking and feeling as you move from thinking to writing it down.
Through guided meditation and structured writes explore the different dimensions of grief and yourself. Obtain the relief that comes when you can express your thoughts and feelings and know that you have put them down somewhere. Whether the grief you carry is from an actual death or from some of the many losses we sustain in life, come and be welcomed into a safe space with other grief journeyers.
While writing is definitely therapeutic, we will not be doing therapy at these workshops. Our focus will be on the writing practice and healing power of writing. An open heart and a willingness to write is all that is required.
Maximum 8 people per workshop, minimum 3.
Please bring your journal/notebook and a pen. Refreshments will be provided.
Once you register an email will be sent to you with payment information and workshop details.
If you are interested in gathering with the same group of people over a four week period, see the Grief and Loss Writing Series.